As promised, a delightful adventure of words [nouns, verbs... adjectives too]. Words you adore, beautiful words, typographically intriguing words, found text captured from magazines...
Get the ideas flowing, here are the prompts!
in your sketches, journal pages
or index card art
- The prompts are 100% optional. Seriously. So you can do this in whatever way you wish.
- Create 26 journal pages, sketches or index cards that contain words in some way, shape or form. Include words somewhere//somehow. They DO NOT have to be the focus of the art. You don't have to draw the words. Document the time/date/weather. Mine magazines for typography. Practice dip-pen lettering. Use alphabet stamps! Grab phrases from brochures, draw tall & narrow letters, use text as TEXT(ure) too. Your creative work can be JUST words or it can be ABOUT words or simply INCLUDE words. 🔚
- You pick the speed for this challenge... one month or two. The official start date is August 1st but please do jump in any time. This gives you the luxury of working on a page for a few days or doing more complex pages or skipping days altogether if life is ramping up to busy...
- I'll share ideas for you to explore. This is a FAB way to get more familiar & comfy with words as a component of your art.
- You can try 26 different ideas, or one concept x 26 variations!
- At instagram tag your work #dycatchphrase and #daisyyellowart when you post.
- Follow me at 🌻 instagram.
- Join the Daisy Yellow group at FB. You've gotta answer the 2 questions so that I know you are a blog reader. Try via desktop if you can't see the Qs on the app.
- The challenge is free, but if you are having fun with the challenges and enjoy the content here, please consider a small tip in the Daisy Yellow Tip Jar [see right sidebar on desktop or page down on mobile]*
By the way...
* Tip Jar donations are a way to show that you value the content shared at independent blogs like this one. You can help support the content offered year-round in this space. The Tip Jar gets very few contributions 🐰so please do think about it!