Figure out a way to make it work. If you don't, it's another full year until the challenge begins again -- so take advantage of all of this collective creative positivity and move forward.
Some things to consider?
1. It's not rocket science, it's just an index card. This is a super duper simple substrates -- cheap, risk-free, abundant. Start with a 100-pack.
2. Change a variable or two. Dig into the art material boxes that you haven't used in a few years. Grab something interesting and use that as your spark.
3. Re-organize 18" of your creative space and put completely different tools and materials within your reach. See what happens.
4. Get out of your house. Do art elsewhere. Go to a café or sit on your back porch with your emergency art material kit.*
5. Look at the big picture. Not just the 61-goal, but the over-riding goal of ANY creative challenge. To inject more creative stuff, more making, more doing, more art, more poetry, more writing... into your life!!! That is what it is all about. A challenge is a vehicle to get from POINT A to POINT B where POINT B is more creative stuff!
6. Not all challengers get to the magic 61-goal. But!!!! Have faith in the process folks!!! Challengers tell me EVERY SINGLE YEAR that even if they didn't do all 61, the challenge WORKED. It refreshed a love of daily creating. It pushed new ideas into the forefront.
7. If you are super duper INTO what you are exploring, do MORE of that! If it is boring you, do something else! We are all different, we approach creative work differently, we approach creative challenges differently.
8. Reconsider the prompts. If you look at the list of prompts and feel a weight on your shoulders -- you could go off-prompt for awhile. They're optional.
9. If you have fallen out of the daily creative habit or veered off from your strategic goals or plans, climb right back in and start wherever you are.
10. This is a positive challenge! I encourage you to look at the cup as HALF FULL and not HALF EMPTY. Missing a day or three is not failure. You can still play! At the end of the challenge whether you have completed 37 or 47 or the magic 61 you will have a STACK-O-CARDS and a feeling of accomplishment.
11. Change the mood. Light some jasmine incense, listen to an audiobook, cut up an old cookbook for collage fodder. Get a better task lamp.
12. Trade something for more art time. Cancel coffee with your cousin's neighbor's boss who wants to talk to you about investment strategy. Pass up a volunteer endeavor [I'm guilty of over-volunteering, and I get that you want to do good. But leave a little time for yourself].
So YES you can do this, even if you missed a few days, you are welcome to continue!!! You are encouraged to continue!!! This is your invitation. Keep going.... anyhow!
Get the Tutorials!
In this 6-tutorial-pack, you'll explore new ideas, mediums & techniques on the inviting small format of an index card! My example cards are 3x5". You will receive via instant download a 22 page full color PDF with a list of materials, examples and links to 6 tutorial videos. One hour of high quality video instruction!!! You will adore these playful, beginner level techniques!
Pack includes these tutorials: Corners Collage, Pattern Mapping, Abstract Landscape, Rainbow Sherbet, Doodle Spark and Block Lettering.
Videos are accessible thru 12/31/19 but not downloadable. Tutorial packs are non-refundable but if you do purchase the same pack twice, I will refund your duplicate payment. These tutorials are included in the ICADextras pack offered in May 2017. ©2017 Tammy Garcia
*Emergency art material kit contents? Markers, index cards, a roll of washi tape, a mini-stapler, headphones, your phone or iPad, a spotify playlist and a freshly cut Honeycrisp apple.