love my little mini-collage from leftover scrapbook paper, needle (size 90/14 uni) went thru multiple layers
a leaf print i did when my daughter and i were stamping with leaves, watercolor paper; the block printing ink cracked and the dust isn't good for the machine, i imagine
on watercolor paper, the quads are watercolored inchies, the flower is from my daughter's worn out sandals (she wears sandals year round, in winter with socks)
abstract acrylic atc, weak attempt at aligning stitches
little mandala atc, new stitching, practicing freehand, getting close to edges, aligning
- Notes on stitching paper at Belle Papier; the scrapbook tips + tricks apply equally to art journaling.
- At Threads Magazine, detailed diagrams and info on sewing machine needles.
- At Cosmo Cricket, Julie Comstock spreads the joy of stitching on paper in a tip-filled video
- Monique's Stitches etsy shop + blog are filled w/lovely fabric combinations + custom loveliness.
- Very Debra shares stitched collages colored w/inks, watercolor pencils, etc. in fun gridded designs. Here's a collage before and after stitching and coloring.
- Free stitchy october desktop wallpaper from Pin Tangle, plus a Shisha stitch tutorial.