My older daughter (11) was reading a magical illustrated book called The Secret Lives of Princesses and in the middle of the book is an engaging map of a country where princesses live, with intriguing keys and legends and codes and routes and tiny buildings. The map in the book inspired this map of an imaginary land. She worked on this for a few days and is thrilled with her map!
11x15" map drawn by my older daughter (11), heavy cardstock w/gellyrolls and ultra-fine sharpies. More at Making More Maps.
- Brian Nunnery's Map Collection... hand-drawn maps imaginary places. (via The Map Room)
- The Map Room, a blog about maps
- Stephen Walter's detailed maps
- This project from Vivid Layers would intertwine nicely with map drawing, an architecture project involving study of Frank Lloyd Wright, building stuff and drawing stuff
- The maps of Herb Lester Assoc. at Aqua Velvet