"Drawing is the artist's most direct and spontaneous expression, a species of writing: it reveals, better than does painting, his true personality."
"Infinity" was one of a number of mandalas drawn on our return flight from Germany to the US.
"En Route" was drawn on the plane from the US to Germany in pittpen and sakura micron while listening to the Creative Mom Podcast on my ipod and drinking Cokes.
"Wet Snowflakes" was drawn in Trier, Germany about 10 days into the trip, doing laundry at the "Wasch Salon" with my older daughter, who was also drawing mandalas.
"Ribbons" was drawn at the hotel in Amsterdam.
More mandala creativity:
- Handmade Mandalas group at Flickr
- Cheryl's Mandala Oasis blog, including thoughts on Making Your Own Mandalas
- Personal Mandala at iHanna's Create & Live Happy blog
- Prismacolor mandalas on black paper at Lindala
- At A Magic Mom and Her Mandalas, a lovely poem accompanies a smile inspiring mandala in A Day at the Beach.
- Sue Doodles mandalas
- Find Daisy Yellow posts tagged mandala