List: Faux Mixtape | Songs With Lots of Words
9x12" drawing paper
Are you playing List It Tuesday at Artsyville? I've been having fun creating impromptu lists the past few weeks. This list is a faux mixtape of songs with lots of words. I printed the song titles with a tiny brush and carbon black fluid acrylics. A bit of a mess, but the phone kept ringing and the paint kept getting gunkier. At the half-way point, I almost trashed it, for the crappy lines and the glaringly horrid palette behind them.
So, without delay, songs with words that wedge in your brain even though you can't diagram a sentence, let alone a martini. [DISCLAIMER: word count not verified]
- Blinded by the light - Bruce Springsteen
- Rappers' Delight - The Sugarhill Gang (had to look it up)
- I prefer the wacky spanish interpretation Aserejé by Las Ketchup
- The Remedy - Jason Mraz
- American Pie - Don McLean
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
- Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
- Hotel California - The Eagles
- Freedom at Point Zero - Jefferson Starship
- One Week - Barenaked Ladies
- Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
- Alice's Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie
- Walkin on the sun - Smashmouth
Do you have any more for the list?
Lists, You Want Lists?