"Circles & Ribbons" was drawn last year on 8 x 11 drawing paper. PITT pen, Sakura gellyrolls, Sharpie poster paint markers. I drew the circles using a stencil, filled the circles with patterns, and added intertwining ribbons. One of my earlier doodle endeavors.
I searched out some wonderful art with doodles and other imagery:
- Stylish doodles in Shane Vorhaben's Obsessive Compulsive series.
- The border of black doodles embellish Margaret Storer-Roche's Sonoran Desert Flowers.
- Marieke's Moleskine Journal with fun notes and doodles amidst the emphemera.
- Judy Scott embellishes her journal page Mixed Emotions.
- Ingrid Dijkers' spectacular Swirls and Flourishes, part of a technique journal for page edging.
- Deb doodles and uses lettering creatively in her Art Journal.
- Graphic imagery in the art of Bratsa Bonifacho (found via the fabulous Dear Ada blog)
- Flickr artist Pyglet Whispers draws doodle art on vintage book pages; Topic 26 is drawn on a vintage chemistry text. Busy in the Garden is also fabulous.