"Look, let me explain something.
I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me.
That or His Dudeness... Duder... or El Duderino,
if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
~ Jeff Bridges, The Big Lebowski
Textiles, flea market, Amsterdam
Amidst the buzz about change & resolutions, please don't forget about your happiness. When you find something that brings you joy, make more room in your life for it. And scale back on what makes life very un-fun.
Some posts I've enjoyed recently:
- Patty Digh of 37 Things knows that You Are Not Broken. You Don't Need to be Fixed
- Sarah of Handmade Homeschool is doing a 12 in 12 challenge
- Read Jeannine's A Time for Every Thing and the accompanying comments by her readers
- See At The Turn of the Year, 2 insightful reasons for creating every day... as a fellow analytical girl, I found Sophie's post spot on.
- Hanna of Create & Live Happy is planning to Be Creative Next Year Too
- Please go check out Ali Edwards' infamous One Little Word project. My word for 2009 was "progress" and I am still mulling over a word for 2010. If you are trying to decide on a word, have patience, it will come to you and you wiil know when you have the right word.
- 39 Ways to Live, and Not Merely Exist from Dumb Little Man
- Check out my simple creative goals at Commit Less | Create More
- My Resolved post from January 2009 includes an art journal page of resolutions
- Bookmark the insightful Make + Meaning blog; read Looking for Clues and On the Care and Feeding of Ideas
- If you are planning to participate in Leah's Creative Every Day 2010 be sure to register (free)! I highly recommend it.