Growing up, my brother and I awaited the arrival of the Sunday paper so we could fight over read the comics.
My kids are immersed in drawing comics. The fascination began when they discovered the inimitable Calvin & Hobbes. We gradually built a collection of Calvin & Hobbes books and they would just read, crack up, and read more.
More comic love...
- From Making Visual Narratives, an intro to Making a Journal Comic
- At Creative Therapy, artist Amy Cowen of the Creative Mom Podcast explores Catalyst 84: What's the Best Gift You Ever Gave? via graphic novel art
- Explore the Center for Cartoon Studies: a "curriculum of art, graphic design, and literature reflect the wide array of skills needed to create comics and graphic novels."
- The Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art is in New York
- Not comics, but comical & colorful mobiles at The Crafty Crow