In order to focus your stamp design and carving efforts, consider how you will use your stamps. The ideas are endless...
- Stamp a single, elegant image on handmade recycled note cards.
- Make a hand cut tag to insert with teacher gifts or holiday cookies.
- Stamp the month/year or a series number on the back of your ATCs.
- Edge borders around art journal pages.
- Art journal or visual journal backgrounds.
- Make a unique journaling block on journal pages.
- Stamp a border around an address or words.
I love the idea of making something unique (for less than 50 cents) to use in journal backgrounds. Think in terms of textures, abstract shapes, images or patterns that you can repeat for greater impact. It's rewarding to make a stamp that you cannot buy, something you designed.
Here are some of today's stamps ~ the stars and triangles were carved with an exacto knife; the textured lines were carved with a lino carving tool that we use in block printing.
See all posts tagged carving stamps.