In truth, I'm over-zealous in develping annual goals so I typically miss the mark alltogether. I mean any list which includes keeping up with laundry and knowing what I'll cook for dinner by 5pm each day is unrealistic. So my theory is that if I commit to LESS, I might accomplish MORE. I don't want to bore you with my day-to-day trivia, but I thought you might want to see how my creative goals are shaping up for the year ahead.
Here's my SCALED DOWN creative plan:
- Learn how to knit, learn how to make silver jewelry Acrylic + watercolor painting, sketching from photographs, drawing mandalas, freestyle embroidery, art journaling...
- Gain expertise in all types of brushes Improve brush control and pen control.
- Handwrite 20 pages each week Document thoughts in a written journal, writing once/week.
- Negotiate a $1M book deal Put together the scribbled notes from the bed-time stories I tell the kids.
- Read 24 novels and 12 creative books 12 novels starting with The Help (Stockett) + The Yiddish Policemen's Union (Chabon). Now there are two novels as different as can be.
- Become an international consultant Learn basics of Photoshop.
- Become a professional photographer Work on photography skills.