Art Journal: Sky Had an Intensity
"Joy is to fun what the deep sea is to a puddle.
It's a feeling inside that can hardly be contained."
— Terry Pratchett
9x11" art journal page on watercolor paper
This was an interesting page to make. It started a few months ago with an experiment with fresh berries and a bit of coffee! I pressed the berries into the page and let them dry overnight, scraping off some of the excess. I think I used blackberries, raspberries and blueberries.
This week I added the images and a photograph of the old tree I took at a farm that hosts an annual pumpkin patch each fall and sells christmas trees each december. The sky was a brilliant blue, and when I stumbled upon those words, I knew they were perfect!
I stamped my journaling with little alphabet stamps, aren't they cute? I love to stamp my journaling because it takes a long time -- you get into a rhythm of stamping and it's meditative and calm.
More fun adventures with alphabet stamps and links to other journal pages at Artful Alphabetical Arrays!
- At a A Life Unrehearsed, Bonnie Rose is publishing a series of Inspirational Interviews, with creative folks like Roben-Marie Smith and Diana Trout and Kim Klassen! Here's my interview!
- Barb of Craft Therapy pulls together the bestest collection of art journal pages on the web in her Art Journaling Tumblr. It's like looking through a lot of people's Flickr favs simultaneously.
- Patty Van Dorin is doing a funky Scrap-O-Dex project.
- At Lost Coast Post, Alphabet Lettering possibilities.
- A live Ustream schedule of artists that share their work in progress from The Junque Studio.
- Drawing Near: 6 Word Journaling in a 10 Year Journal!
- Watermelon Granitas at The Pioneer Woman