"Bows and flows of angel hair
and ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere,
Ive looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
they rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done,
but clouds got in my way."
~Joni Mitchell, Both Sides Now
Sometimes ideas float around my mind, unfocused, and this is one of them. I've been wanting to do a minimalist page, inspired by the style of Sabrina Ward Harrison in her journal book Spilling Open. It is one of my absolute favorites, for the free-flowing loose look and feel of her pages. It's her journal, rather than a book on journaling or how-to. You just take from it what you will.
The original background was created by my daughters. The teeny photos on the left are of me when I was a girl, between 5 - 12 yrs. I'm not sure what I want this page to say to me. These are from Tekenfilm, an altered illustrated children's book with 12x20" page spreads. I could just leave it as is, which would be OK, or I could sort of delve into this and I'm not sure how.
- Have you seen the Sunshine Mandala stop motion video?
- At Treehouse Jukebox, 8 Ways I Restore Myself, part of the 8 Things project at Magpie Girl.
- The meaning of colors in various cultures, an incredible infographic at Information is Beautiful.
- 100 Best Last Lines from novels from American Book Review.
- Yuk. If you switch a Flickr photo from public to private, the favs on that photo drop to zero. I switched a bunch of stuff to private, when the beta was launched, and when I switched them back to public ---> favs gone.