"Our time is so short
and the future so terrifyingly long.
Through the art of brush, pen, and lens ...
we possess a swift and sure means
of touching the conscience
and clearing the vision."
~ Ansel Adams
5x8" moleskine, watercolor
I believe that spending time on creative stuff is one of the keys to happiness. Most of my creative time is spent on art journaling, drawing mandalas, doodling & photography. You might be doing embroidery, watercolor, acting, sculpting, cooking, collage, writing, creating crossword puzzles, gardening, nature journaling, quilting... or developing the perfect latte. It all swirls around the creative process.
At Daisy Yellow you can find you'll find a massive amount of challenges to keep you busy the entire year. Creative prompts are part of the fun here, but they get scattered about by the wind.
A guide to the creative prompts scattered across Daisy Yellow...
- Kick-Start Your Art Journal, a series of art journaling & creative prompts
- Creative Experiments, ideas for extending your creative endeavors through experimentation
- No Frills Creative Prompts
- Daily Paper Prompts, 61 prompts
- Prompt6ix, weekly creative prompts
- Color Series, to inspire you to use specific new colors in your art
- Photographic Prompts
- Posts tagged prompt include all sorts of prompts
Incite creativity with The Unofficial Guide to Creative Prompts | Challenges | Inspiration!
Curious things happen in the background of your brain while you are doing challenges... I come up with creative ideas while doing something else (Clarifying Ideas). You might discover a color palette for a project or page, get through a case of writers block, come up with a setting for a scene or develop the look & feel of a piece of art. The more techniques/tools you try and the more you experiment outside your creative box, the more self-confident you'll feel! It's brain exercise.